NEET Exam 2024: Check the Application form, Exam Date, Admit Card, Syllabus, Result, Counselling
MHRD or the Ministry of Human Resource Development has established the NTA or National Testing Agency. NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is conducted by the NTA. The candidates who want to take admission to MBBS, BDA, and other UG medical programs from approved Medical, Dental, and other colleges or institutes of India must appear for the NEET Entrance Examination 2024. Admission to the topmost universities of India like AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER, and all other institutes is made through NEET. In this article, candidates will be able to learn about the NEET Entrance exam date, application form, admit card, syllabus, cut-off, answer key, result, eligibility criteria, counseling. The following is complete information regarding the NTA NEET test 2024 is given below.
NEET Exam 2024 is on 5th May 2024 (Sunday) from 02:00 P.M. to 05:20 P.M.
Previous Year Important Dates of NEET Exam 2024
The following table represents the important date of the NEET Exam 2023 is given below.
|Starts of Application Form||6 March 2023|
|End of Application Process||6 April 2023|
|Starts Correction of Application Form||8 April 2023|
|Announcement of City Examination||30th April 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date||7th May 2023|
|Duration of Exam||200 Mins (3 hours 20 minutes)|
|Timing of Exam||2:00 to 5:20 PM|
|Release of Admit Card||3 May 2023|
|Release of official Answer Key||–|
|Declaration of Result||–|
How to Apply for NEET Entrance Exam 2024
The following are steps regarding the NEET Test 2024 are as follows:-
- Firstly visit the official website.
- Then Register for the NEET entrance exam 2024.
- Now, candidates can fill out their application form by entering their registration number.
- Fill out all the mandatory options given in the form.
- Upload your scanned copies of documents like images, signatures, left-hand thumb, and class 10th certificates.
- Pay the application form fees and download/ print the application form for future use.
NEET Application Form Fees 2024
The following table shows the application form fees for the different category is given below.
|General EWS/ OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||Rs. 900/-|
|Outside India||Rs. 8500/-|
Note: The NEET (UG) – 2024 shall consist of one Question Paper containing 200 Multiple Choice Questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
(Botany and Zoology). The Schedule of Examination activities is as follows:
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024
- Candidates who have qualified or appeared in the Class 12th exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks for the General category, 45% marks for PWD, and 40% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates.
- The Candidates must have their Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as mandatory subjects.
- Candidates who have biology as an additional subject are also eligible for NEET.
- Candidates who are Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians, Overseas Citizens of India, Persons of Indian Origin, and of Foreign Nationals are eligible to give NEET Entrance Exam.
Admit Card of NEET 2024
The Hall Ticket for NEET UG Entrance Exam is released on 2nd May 2024. The admit card is available on the official website. Candidates can download their admit card/ Hall ticket by entering their registration number and password.
NEET Admit card contains details like the Examination center, date of exam, and candidate name. Candidates must take the colored printout of the Admit/ Hall Ticket and paste the recent colored passport-size photograph (which should be the same as the application form ) with Parent’s signature.
Syllabus of NEET 2024
The syllabus of NEET 2024 is based on the syllabus of CBSE classes 11th and 12th. The NEET exam comprises of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology syllabus. There are some topics that NEET covers that are not taught in Class. Therefore, candidates are allowed to go through the whole syllabus before appearing for the exam. As the syllabus is the same as the previous year’s syllabus, it is not changed yet. To score good marks in the exam candidates must prepare whole and important topics.
Result of NEET 2024
The result of the NEET exam 2024 will declare after the NEET Entrance examination. Candidates can check their marks obtained and Rank including all India and Category Rank. The result will be published on the official website. Candidates must score above the cutoff marks for qualifying and taking admission to the Institutes.
Cut-Off of NEET 2024
NEET cutoff 2024 will declare by the NTA after the declaration of NEET Result 2024. Candidates can check their cut-off list through the official website. NTA will release the cutoff category-wise. Cutoff helps the candidates to know that he/ she is qualified for taking admission through NEET.
Total seats & Colleges for MBBS & BDS through NEET 2024
The following table represents the total seats required for MBBS and BDS.
|Total Medical Colleges||529|
|Total Dental Colleges||313|
|Total MBBS seats||75893|
|Total BDS Seats||26693|
Counselling For NEET 2024
The Counselling process of NEET 2022 will start in the third week of July 2024. Candidates are required to carry all the important documents at the time of counselling process. Students must note that counselling process will be carried out in the following phase.
- The national-level counselling process is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee for MBBS and BDS courses.
- State-level counselling process conducted by various representatives of state govt. for MBBS and BDS courses.
- Ayush counselling process conducts for admission in BAMS, BHMS, and BUMS courses.
Question-1, When the application process for NEET Exam will starts?
The application process for NEET Exam will starts from the 2nd week of March.
Question-2, What is the Examination date of NEET?
NEET examination will be held on the 1st of August.
Question-3, Is NEET Examination will hold once a year?
Yes, NEET Examination will be held once a year.
Question-4, Is NEET Examination will hold online or offline?
NEET Examination will be in offline mode on OMR sheets.
Question-5, What are the minimum marks to get government college through NEET?
Candidates must score a minimum of 600 marks t get admission to a Government college.