JEE Main 2020 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The JEE Main 2020 exam is organized by the National Testing Agency. It is based on national level entre test that is conducted every year and offer admission into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan and B.Arch course. According to HRD Ministry, the entrance exam of JEE Main from the year 2019 onwards are being held twice in the months of January and April. Candidates who are willing to take admission in these engineering courses in various institutions like IIT’s, CFTI’s, NIT’s etc. must have to qualify the exam by securing the minimum qualifying cut-off marks. In this article, candidates will be allowed to get the complete details about NTA JEE Main 2020.
New Changes Introduced in JEE Main 2020
All the new changes introduced in the JEE Main 2020 exam are discussed below:
- From 2019, the National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance test of JEE Main.
- The NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice in every year in the months of January and April that are online CBT mode.
- Now there are no criteria for age limit in JEE Main 2020. Those Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
- Now the Candidates have to book their exam slots to appear for online mode exam.
- It is mandatory for the candidates who are appearing in JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan), must have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar card is not mandatory for applying in JEE Main 2020 entrance test.
- Candidates those who are appearing among the top 224000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has also set up their Practice centers more than 3400 in the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can also take water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam center.
Exam Dates of JEE Main 2020
Following are the tentative JEE Main 2020 Dates for various events taking place in the January session and April session:
In January Session:
|Declaration of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Mock Test Availability||2nd week of September 2019|
|Last date of application form||30th September 2019 (11:50 PM)|
|Fee submission Last date||03.09.2019 to 01.10.2019 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Publication of allotted exam shift & date||1st week of October 2019|
|Window opens for application correction||11.10.2019 to 17.10.2019 (up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Allotted exam centre Announcement||3rd week of October 2019|
|Admit card Availability||6th December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Date|| 6th to 11th January 2020|
(1st Shift: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
(2nd Shift: 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
|Release of Answer key||2nd week of January 2020|
|Announcement of Results||Last week of January 2020|
In April Session 2020:
|Declaration of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Window opens for Image correction||In the month of February 2020|
|Mock test availability||In the month of February 2020|
|Last date of application form||7th March 2020|
|Last date of fee payment||7th March 2020|
|Publication of allotted exam shift & date||1st week of March 2020|
|Application Form correction Window||2nd week of March 2020|
|Allotted exam center Announcement||3rd week of March 2020|
|Admit card downloading||16th March 2020|
|Exam of JEE Main 2020||3rd to 9th April 2020|
|Answer key||2nd week of April 2020|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of April 2020|
Application Form of JEE Main 2020
Important details about JEE Main 2020 application form can be checked below:
- The Application form for January will start from first week September 2019 and for April it will be start from second week of February.
- Complete online registration process contains various steps like Online Registration, Filling of Application online, Images Uploading, Application fee Payment and Application Printing.
- Last date for submitting the application form online for the January is last week of September 2019 & For the April candidates can submit their application till the first week of March 2020.
- For one candidate there should be only one Application form would be submitted multiple application form for one candidate will be rejected.
Application Fee for JEE Main 2020:
Payment Mode: candidates can pay the fee via online mode through net banking/debit card/credit card. The fee can also be paid via SBI E-Challan method.
JEE Main 2020 Application form fee for various categories is given below:
|Papers||Category||Exam Center in India||Exam Center Outside India|
|Paper 1/ Paper 2||For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.650 Girls – Rs.350||Boys – Rs.3000 Girls – Rs.1500|
|Paper 1/ Paper 2||For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.350 Girls – Rs.350||Boys – Rs.1500 Girls – Rs.1500|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||For Gen/OBC-NCL candidates||Boys – Rs.1300 Girls – Rs.950||Boys – Rs.6000 Girls – Rs.3000|
|Both Paper 1 and Paper 2||For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender candidates||Boys – Rs.650 Girls – Rs.650||Boys – Rs.3000 Girls – Rs.3000|
Application Correction for JEE Main 2020
- For all the candidates those who have registered successfully, the board will provide JEE Main 2020 Application correction facilities to correct their mistakes. It will be one time facility for the candidates to make corrections in the details of the application form.
- The application correction window will open from 11th October to 17th of October 2019 ( (up to 11.50 p.m.) ) for the January session registration and for the April session, the correction process will start in the month of February 2020.
- Candidates will be able to correct details in the application through online mode only. To make correction in the application, students must have to pay an additional amount of fee.
- Correction in the application must be done by the students before the last date of form submission.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2020
Applicants must go through the JEE Main 2020 Eligibility criterion before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying applicants must have passed their 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Diploma Holders: Applicants who are holding diploma can also apply for admission but only in IITs.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applicants in their 12th level must have passed with at least five compulsory subjects – Physics, Mathematics along with anyone from the Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- Age Criterion: There is no age limit for apply for JEE Main 2020.
- Total Attempts: There will be no attempt limit for apply for this test.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who are appearing for their Class 12th exams can also apply.
- Year of Appearance: Applicants passing their 12th level exam in the year 2018 or 2019 are only eligible to apply. Also, those appearing in their 12th level in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- Institutions wise Eligibility:
To get admission into IITs, NITs, CFTIs and other institutions, students must have to secure 75%(For ST/SC – 65%) marks in their 12th level exams.
On the basis of All India Rank of the applicants secured in the test, admission will be provided.
Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2020
Check the following complete NTA JEE Main 2020 Exam pattern provided below, before starting the exam preparation:
- Exam Date: JEE Main 2020 January Session entrance form will be available form 7th February 2020. The April Session test will be held in 3rd to 9th April 2020.
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be organized in online CBT mode. However, the drawing test in Paper II will be held in offline.
- Number of Papers: The entrance test will be held in two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I will be held for admission into B.E/B.Tech programe while Paper II will be held for admission into B.Arch and B.Plan programe
- Number of Questions: In Paper I, the total number of question is 90 while in paper 2 total 82 questions will be available.
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type question in both the paper. However, the drawing test of paper II will contain subjective type.
- Language Medium: Question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: The total time for completing the paper is 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
- Total Marks: Paper I will be of 360 marks. While, paper II will be of 390 marks.
- Marking Scheme: four marks for each correct answer and for wrong answer 1 marks should be deducted.
Distribution of questions and marks for both the papers of JEE Main 2020 are mentioned below:
For Paper I (B.E/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Physics||25 (MCQs) + 5 (Descriptive)||100|
|Mathematics||25 (MCQs) + 5 (Descriptive)||100|
|Chemistry||25 (MCQs) + 5 (Descriptive)||100|
JEE Main Paper 2 (B. Arch)
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathmatics||25 (MCQs) + 5 (Descriptive)||100|
For Paper II (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The complete NTA JEE Main 2020 Syllabus can be checked by the students by online mode. Paper I Syllabus will contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in the 11th and 12th level.
Paper 2 Syllabus will contain topics from the Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
Following are the detailed syllabus of JEE Main 2020 are given below:
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
Following below provided the preparation tips to score good marks in the test and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details regarding exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the test, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place and revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the test from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified students and experienced faculties.
- Students can solve previous year question papers or sample papers to know the exam pattern and type of questions coming in the exam.
Slot Booking for JEE Main 2020
The allocation of test date, shift and exam centers will be given by NTA. It will be given a few days before the release of admit card. To check the allotted exam date, time, shift and center, applicants have to login through their registered id and password.
No correspondence or request will be further entertained in this case by the officials.
Admit Card for JEE Main 2020
NTA JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will release after the registration process is successfully completed. For the January session entrance test, the admit card will be available 6th of December 2019 and admit card for April session test will be released on 16th of March 2020.
To download the admit card, students have to click on the provided online link and enter their application number and password. Students will be also informed about their declare of admit card through SMS or mail.
Answer Key for JEE Main 2020
NTA will announce the JEE Main 2020 Answer key after the completion of entrance exams. It will be published for Paper I and Paper II in PDF format via online mode. The Answer key of JEE Main 2020 will be available in 2nd week of January 2020.
To access the answer key students have to enter their application number and password. After downloading it, students will get to know the correct answers to the questions asked in the test and able to calculate the probable score.
In case students find any correction in the Answer key, they can openly challenge the Answer key by paying certain amount of fee and submitting proof.
Result of JEE Main 2020
NTA JEE Main 2020 Results will be declared 31st of January 2020 for the January session exam and Result for April session test will be declared 30th of April 2020. Candidates can know their results by entering their date of birth and roll number.
After the announcement of result, scorecard will also be published online.
Scorecard of JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020 Scorecard is also an important document which will provide various details about the applicants – name, roll number, parent’s name, category, state code of eligibility, marks obtained, All India rank, Category wise rank, qualifying status etc.
Candidates can download their scorecards via online mode. No scorecard will be dispatched to the candidates through offline mode.
Rank List of JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020 Rank list will be announced by NTA after the declaration of results. Marks secured in the JEE Main 2020 entrance exam will be evaluated and based on that ranks will be allotted to the candidates. Candidate’s All India rank and category rank will be given in the rank list.
The percentile score of the applicants will be calculated using the normalization procedure.
Cut Off of JEE Main 2020
NTA will announce the JEE Main 2020 Cut Off via online mode. To appear in the All India centralized counselling process, it is necessary for the applicants to obtain the minimum cut off marks. The cut off marks will be released for various categories.
Following are the previous year cutoff trends are provided for different categories:
|Category||2018 Cut-off||2017 Cut-off||2016 Cut-off||2015 Cut-off|
Counselling for JEE Main 2020
Applicants successfully scoring the minimum cut off marks should be considered eligible to participate in JEE Main 2020 Counselling procedure. The counselling procedure will be held completely in online centralized process.
For participating in the counseling procedure candidates have to first register themselves. The counselling procedure will be organized by JoSAA. Students will be allotted their seats in various participating institutions like NIT, IIT, and CFTI etc.
On the basis of applicant’s category, rank obtained, seats availability and other factors, seats will be allocated. After the seat allocation, students must have to report at the allotted institution for the document verification procedure.