About GATE Exam
GATE is known as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven other IIT (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB) Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is basically an examination on the comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/ Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
GATE 2020 will conducted for 24 subjects and it would be distributed over 1st, 2nd, 8th, 10th of February 2020. The GATE examination centres are spread in different cities across India, as well as, in six cities outside india. The examination would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT). The GATE score would reflect the relative performance level of the candidate in a particular subject, which is quantified based on the several years of examination data. Note that the GATE 2020 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
|Registration Begains||1st September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form & fee||28th September 2019 (Extended)|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application||1st October 2019|
|Application correction window opens||4th week of November 2019|
|Corrections in Category/ PwD Status/ Gender/ Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities||Last week of October to 1st week of November 2019|
|Last date to make changes in exam city by paying additional fee||15th November 2019|
|Mock Test||November 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam||1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020|
|Release of Answer Key||February 2020|
|Announcement of Results||16th March 2020|
|Release of Score Card||20th March 2020 to 31st May 2020|
|Counselling Date||1st week of April 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for GATE Exam:
The candidates who want to apply for GATE 2020 Exam must check their eligibility criteria like educational, year of passing etc. before applying the GATE Exam.
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification not later than|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in
Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering / Technology)
|Currently in the final year or already
|Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in the final year or already
|Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the
final year or already completed
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in
Engineering/ Technology (4 years program)
|Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year or already completed||
M.Tech. or Dual
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the
4th/ 5th Year or
|Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the
final year or already completed
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by
MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers- India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)
|Completed Section A or equivalent of
Important points for filling application form:
- Candidates must be taken a good quality recent passport size color photo with white background.
- The face of candidates should be occupy at-least 35% of photograph.
- Maximum size for JPEG can be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel) (Request photo studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher). Minimum size for JPEG should be 240×320 pixels.
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width) on an A4 white paper.
- Sign with black or dark blue ink pen within this box. The height or width of the signature should be at least 80% of the respective height or width of the rectangular box.
- The signature by any other person or in any other color (other than black and blue) will NOT be accepted.
- Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by using a professional scanner. Crop it to the border of the box.
- Only JPEG image format will be accepted.
- The maximum image size for the signature can be 160×560 in pixels.
- The minimum image size for the signature should be 80×280 in pixels.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- If the applicant’s signature, at the time of examination, does not match the signature on the Admit Card, the applicant will be disqualified.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern:
GATE 2020 Exam will be held in Computer Based Test. The Examination will be conducted for 24 Subjects (papers). The duration of exam will be three hours and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. The virtual calculator will be available on the computer screen during the examination.
GATE Result 2020
GATE 2020 results will be announced on the 16th March 2020 and will be available on the GOAPS Website. GATE 2020 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE Exam Scorecard 2020
After the declaration of results, the qualified candidates can download their GATE 2020 Scorecards (for the paper which candidates have taken the examination). The GATE 2020 scorecards can be downloaded between 20 March 2020 to 31 May 2020 from the GOAPS portal.
In case, a GATE qualified candidate requires the soft copy of his/her GATE Scorecard after 31May 2020 and till 31 December 2020, should pay a fee of 500 (Rupees five hundred only) for obtaining the same.
- GATE Previous Year Cutoff
- Syllabus of GATE Exam 2020
- VITEEE Exam 2020
- UPSEE 2020 Entrance Exam
- UPSEE Cutoff 2020
- NTA JEE Main 2020